Click a link below to view information on some of our most frequently asked about topics. If you still have questions, give us a call at 1-866-451-9425.
- Shipping Rates & Transit Times
- Shipping FAQ's
- International Shipping
- Shipping Addresses & Missing Packages
- Exchanges, Returns & Warranty
- Privacy & Security
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
- Updating Account Information
Holiday Shipping: If you are shipping around a holiday it is always a good ideaa to check the FedEx holiday schedule. Still not sure when your package should arrive, give us a call and we can help.
Our preferred shipping carrier is FedEx, which normally takes 3-7 business days. Quicker delivery is available at checkout. Rates are below. We do our best to ship same-day, but cannot guarantee same day shipping on orders placed after 12:00 EST. Delivery estimates are not guaranteed. If you have questions about shipping or need to arrange delivery for a specific day, please contact us before placing your order. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii and APO/FPO packages will be delivered via FedEx 2-Day. Please call for exact shipping charges for Overnight shipping to Alaska & Hawaii. Note: Shipping promotions apply to orders shipped within the Continental US only.
UNITED STATES DOMESTIC FEDEX SHIPPING (48 contiguous states only)
|Order Total||Ground||3 Day||2-Day||Standard Overnight|
ALASKA, HAWAII & APO/FPO
|Order Total||FedEx 2-Day|
PLEASE NOTE / SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES:
- The above shipping rates are based on an average size package weighing approx. 6 lbs. Skis, snowboards and other large or oddly shaped items may be subject to additional shipping charges.
- Kayaks - Please contact us for the actual cost of shipping a kayak before placing your order. Kayaks are shipped as freight to the carriers terminal closest to you. We will contact you with delivery information as it is available.
- Luggage and other large volume items may not be able to ship with expedited services or may incur additional shipping charges. If necessary we will contact you.
- When will my order ship?
We work hard to process, package and ship your order within 24 hours or receiving it. There are a few steps that you can take to help speed the process up:
- Be sure to enter the actual billing address that your credit card company has on file.
- If shipping to an address other than your billing address, BE SURE to include the name of the person or the business. This helps to weed out fraudulent orders and ensures your package will be delivered correctly. Orders will not ship until the address is confirmed.
- Enter your email address and phone number carefully. We will usually e-mail you with any questions first, and if needed follow up with a phone call. We need to be able to contact you.
- Please take your time entering your information, and contact us immediately if you notice any errors.
- How long will it take to get my order?
- Orders placed before 12 p.m. (noon) ET usually ship the same day. You will receive a tracking number by email.
- Domestic packages are delivered via FedEx, usually within 3-5 business days. Ground and Home Delivery estimates are not guaranteed.
- Because Ground and 3-Day services are not available in all areas, orders to Alaska and Hawaii are shipped via FedEx 2-Day. Please call for exact shipping charges for Overnight Delivery.
- International orders are delivered using FedEx International and may be consolidated to keep shipping costs as low as possible. Please see below for International shipping information.
- PLEASE NOTE: All shipping transit times are calculated on business days only, starting the day after your order is shipped. For example, if you choose 3-day shipping for an order placed on Monday morning, your order will ship Monday afternoon and arrive on the Thursday of that week. If you were to place the same order on Thursday afternoon, your order would be packaged and shipped on Friday, and arrive the following Wednesday. Please remember, FedEx normally allows until 7 p.m. local time to deliver.
- FedEx Ground (business addresses) & FedEx Express business days are Monday through Friday. Home Delivery business days are Tuesday through Saturday.
- Please keep in mind that Holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Independence Day and New Years are not counted as business days.
- Weather delays happen and are beyond anyone's control. If trucks or flights are delayed because of weather it may add some time to the delivery of your package, even for Express Shipments. In these cases shipping charges are not refundable. We recommend that you keep an eye on FedEx's website and watch your tracking number(s) carefully to estimate delivery.
- Will my order require a signature for delivery?
Possibly. FedEx requires a signature for any order with a value over $500. This is something within their system and it cannot be changed. For some orders, we may require a signature for orders valued as low as $250 to help protect both against theft and credit card fraud. If you are unsure of weather or not your order will require a signature, please be sure to have it shipped to a location where someone will be available to sign for it. Your place of work is always an excellent alternative.
- Do you Ship Internationally?
Yes. Please see below for information on International Orders & Shipping.
We use FedEx for all International shipping. Locally your package is usually cleared through your customs service and delivered using FedEx. The time for your package to clear customs can vary depending on the time of the year (holidays, etc.), but are usually delivered in about 6 business days. We make no guarantees on international delivery times. Once your order ships, you will receive a tracking number, which is updated at each scan by FedEx.
Please be aware we ship from 2 locations in the US. If your order's contents are located in separate stores, we may consolidate the items by having them shipped to the same store. This may cause a delay of up to 4 days for your package to ship, but ensures lower shipping rates and fewer packages to track & trace.
Please Note: Many countries charge duty or tax on items imported. Please check your country's Customs Service web site for information to estimate the duty charges, if any, for your order. Any duty or tax charges are the responsibility of the importer. These charges will be collected at delivery. WE WILL NOT falsify customs documents (ie marking the package(s) as "gift" or changing prices on your receipt) to get around tax and duty charges.
Due to maximum length restrictions in place, we may be unable to ship large items such as skis and snowboards internationally.
Note: Shipping promotions apply to orders shipped within the Continental US only.
FedEx International Shipping Rates:
|France||$65.00||Russia - No Longer Available||N/A|
|Israel||$65.00||United Arab Emirates||$70.00|
Do you live in a country not listed? Please e-mail us and we can provide a shipping quote. In most cases we simply haven't had a request to ship to other locations.
While we make every effort to ensure that a package is delivered to the correct address, we cannot guarantee the status of a package once it leaves our store. Please use the following guidelines when considering shipping options.
- Please double check your shipping address. Package labels are addressed in the same format the order is received. If you find you've made a mistake after submitting your order, please call us ASAP to correct the error.
- You are welcome to have packages shipped to addresses other than the billing address. If shipping to a neighbor, friend or place of business, please be sure their name is on the order.
- Packages with a value of more than $250 may require a signature at delivery. Please be sure someone will be available to sign for it. FedEx WILL NOT leave a package with a signature requirement unless a signature is obtained. This signature requirement CANNOT be removed once the package has shipped. Due to FedEx policies, we CANNOT turn the signature requirement off for orders over $500.
- Occasionally a driver is not comfortable leaving a non-signature-required package at an address. There are many reasons a driver may decide it is not safe. Some examples are if the package is large and it is obvious there is something of value inside, the driver’s own history of particular neighborhoods, or a simple gut feeling. We have heard stories of drivers being followed by thieves who snatch packages off porches minutes after they are delivered. Please understand that if a driver did not leave a package it is because he or she had a very good reason. The driver will always leave a tag on your door when a delivery attempt is made.
- If you are not comfortable with a package being left on your property while you are not home, PLEASE ENTER AN ALTERNATIVE SHIPPING ADDRESS. Bahnhof Sport DOES NOT accept any liability for packages stolen from your property.
- We provide tracking numbers for all orders. Most orders are delivered within 3-5 business days. If your package is not received after 5 business days, we can check the status for you. Sometimes drivers will leave a package in a hidden area such as under a bench on the porch or at the back door instead of the front. We can request the driver return to your home to let us know where they left it.
- If a package is lost or damaged during transit, we can submit a claim to FedEx for reimbursement and then refund your credit card. The claims process may take up to 3 weeks. Once the claim is accepted by FedEx, you will be refunded.
- Once a package is marked as being delivered, it is out of FedEx's hands. Bahnhof Sport takes NO liability for packages stolen from your property after delivery. If a package is shown to have been delivered, and it is determined that the package may have been stolen from your property, we will not take responsibility for crediting the value of the package.
- FedEx, as well has no obligation to packages stolen from your property after delivery. Again, IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH A PACKAGE BEING LEFT ON YOUR PROPERTY WHILE YOU ARE NOT THERE, PLEASE ENTER AN ALTERNATE SHIPPING ADDRESS such as your place of work. Packages shipped to businesses will always require a signature.
- If a package is stolen from your property, you may be able to file a claim with your homeowner’s insurance. You may still call us for assistance in locating the package. We’re happy to help track it down. Most often, FedEx will send the driver back to double check the package’s delivery. If the delivery is confirmed to have been at your property, please contact your homeowner’s insurance company for further support.
Due to the seasonal nature of our business we ask any exchanges or returns be completed within 14 days. Any returns of merchandise purchased on sale MUST be received by our returns department within 14 days. Items received for return after 14 days may be refused or charged a re-stocking fee. If you need to exchange please call 866-451-9425 so that we can save the proper item to fulfill your exchange. Please include a copy of the sales invoice as well as a note explaining what needs to be done. Remember to include a daytime phone number as well so that we can contact you in a timely manner to expedite the process. We cannot process an exchange or return for any products that have been worn or the tags removed. ITEMS THAT HAVE BEEN WORN WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR A RETURN. ANY ORDER RETURNED AFTER THE EXCHANGE/RETURN PERIOD WILL BE REFUSED.
Swimwear exchanges and returns must be received within 30 days. ALL exchanges and returns must have all tags attached with any shields in place. Any product received with shields or tags removed will be refused and no credit given.
- SKIS & SNOWBOARDS:
There is a 20% restocking charge on any ski, snowboard or binding returned.
All products are covered by a manufacturers warranty. Any defective products must sent to us and we will return them to the manufacturer after examination. Defective items that have been worn must be returned to the manufacturer for repair and will not be accepted as a return for credit. The item must be clean. Any items, which are not clean, will be cleaned first at the customer's expense, which will delay the process. It always helps to call us first before you send the item. We will do everything we can to expedite the process.
Please ship all returned product to:
Bahnhof Sport On-Line
PO Box 677
106 E. Sheridan St.
Petoskey, Michigan 49770
- What information do we collect? How do we use it?
We collect the domain name of e-mail addresses of visitors to our site and aggregate (not personally identifiable) information on what pages visitors access. We use this information to monitor the use of the site and to improve its performance and usefulness. We also collect information you volunteer, such as survey responses, comments, purchasing and billing information, and your requests.
When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the Web site, new services, and special offers we think you'll find valuable.
- How do we protect customer information?
When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
- How do we allow customers to update or change the information we collect?
- Your consent
- Tell us what you think
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. If you have any questions, please contact us.
In the event of a pricing error Bahnhof Sport reserves the right to cancel the order. The origional payment amount will be returned to the credit card used.